Pro cycling is now more and more about lightweight, right fitting aerodynamic clothing. Since 2017 Tour de France, in collaboration with team UAE Emirates we have been testing a new jersey. Designed and built specifically for hot, humid conditions, we call it the Apex Lite Jersey. Rui Costa was the main test pilot across the French Alps last year and provided some race feedback from the highest level. Then more recently at the 2018 Tour Down Under, the UAE team wore the Apex Lite to combat the oppressive 44°C (115°F) Australian summer conditions helping Diego Ulissi achieve an impressive 4th overall on GC.
Our new super light Apex Lite Jersey provides a constant cool air flow optimised via a special full mesh construction perfectly suited to riding or racing in extreme heat.
- Made entirely from our high end premium AGILEfabric, a highly breathable, open weave 4 way stretch fabric. This fabric contours and stretches to provide a premium, close fit. The open weave of the fabric helps draw moisture away from the body, whilst allowing the body to cool in the harshest conditions.
- Additional sleeve cuff for ideal compression on the upper arm.
- Three rear storage pockets with slash side pockets for easy access while on the bike.
- Reinforced pocket anchor to ensure maximum storage capacity.
- Zippered water resistant gear pocket and a reflective strip.
- Lower zipper garage and a full zipper for minimal irritation and maximum venting.
- Silicone-injected front hem provides incredible support to hold the jersey firmly in place, a key factor in overall jersey comfort.
- Silicone rear hem keeps jersey in correct position while riding.
- Half height collar– approximately half the height of our regular collar, designed to allow better cooling and comfort in hotter conditions.
- Available in Race Cut: Men's & Women's fit.